To Be Like a Child

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not many but much.

Father-General Nicolas, the superior-general of the Society of Jesus, was in the Philippines a few days ago and he celebrated Mass and gave a talk at school. I wasn't able to attend either event, but my colleague shared a summary of his talk. The theme of it was "Not many, but much" and the real meaning of Magis, depth and universality.

When I was in college, "not many but much" was the wallpaper on my cellphone. A reminder in prayer that what matters is not the number of scripture readings but the depth with which one enters them. A reminder in my org that what matters is not the number of activities but the depth of the activities and the reach of their love.

And I hope that I might continue to be inspired by Ignatius' words today, as a mom, as a wife, as a teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License