To Be Like a Child

Thursday, December 21, 2006

As the Deer

On the first Sunday of Advent, the choir at Church sang a song from my childhood that I really love (corny last two stanzas notwithstanding). It's by Martin Nystrom, based on the first lines of Psalm 42:

As The Deer

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee.
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee.

Refrain:
You alone are my strength, my shield,
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart's desire,
And I long to worship Thee.

You're my friend and you are my brother
Even though You are a King.
I love You more than any other,
So much more than anything.

I want You more than gold or silver
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye.


The song has been playing in mind since I heard it three weeks ago, and after prayer session on Tuesday night with my prayer-mates, I now know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License